[R-gui] Seeking comments/testers for a new GUI

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:26:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

Same problem with a fedora 10/R-devel/JGR 1.6-7.

I see this after loading the package within JGR which does not look good:

 > .deducer
[1] "Java-Object<null>"

Not easy to help more as you don't include the java code within the
source package. I don't know what a "org/rosuda/deducer/Deducer" object
is supposed to be.

If you wanted to include java code in the R package, you could follow
these:
http://romainfrancois.blog.free.fr/index.php?post/2009/03/26/Hello-Java-World
http://romainfrancois.blog.free.fr/index.php?post/2009/03/27/Document-java-software-with-%22R-CMD-build%22%2C-ant%2C-and-javadoc

Apparently, the problem is in the .First.lib function, and something
happens if I replace this line:

.jpackage(pkgname,"Deducer.jar")

by this line:

.jpackage(pkgname)

The deducer.jar file does not have a capital D when it is on my machine,
so case sensitive operating systems have a problem with it.

Cheers,

Romain

--
Romain Francois