[R-gui] Seeking comments/testers for a new GUI

Ian Fellows ifellows at ucsd.edu
Tue Jun 16 01:06:12 CEST 2009

I haven't tested with Linux, only windows and os x. Swing is supposed to be
cross platform, but some times these things don't work quite as planned.

I just installed fresh on a windows machine from CRAN which worked okay but
I did notice one potential problem. The JGR launcher will download the
newest dev version of JGR (1.7) if no version is currently present. So,
there is an additional step of opening the native R console and entering
install.packages("JGR").

This is not the problem on your system, as you are running 1.6-7. I'll have
to find a linux machine and do some testing to figure out what is going on.
As I said, this is very much in the pre-alpha stage, so this is useful
information for me. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
ian