[R-gui] R GUI question from new member

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 20:09:16 CET 2006

Hi Philippe,

I disagree - with the new RGtk2 package (http://ggobi.org/rgtk2/) it
is very easy to work cross platform with an attractive GUI.  RGtk2
works on Windows, Mac and Linux and (in my opinion) is much more
aesthetically pleasing the Tcl/Tk.

Rgtk2 supports libglade so if you are familiar with glade, it is a
very easy transition, and it is very easy to port work done in other
programming languages if you are comfortable converting your (eg.)
python code to R.

Hadley