[R-gui] plot.new() within tkrplot, coplot

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Sat Jun 26 10:25:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

Does anyone know a good way to get rid of warnings like:
Warning message:
calling par(new=) with no plot

when using an R plot function which calls plot.new()
(e.g. coplot) from within tkrplot?

For example:

library(tkrplot)
tt <- tktoplevel()
plotFun <- function() {
  data(quakes)
  coplot(lat ~ long | depth, data = quakes)
}
img <- tkrplot(tt,fun=plotFun)

Warning message:
calling par(new=) with no plot

tkpack(img)

The plot looks fine in the Tk window, but I'm just
wondering whether I can get rid of the warning message.

On a similar subject, does anyone have any general advice on
whether it is best to pass main="Plot Title" directly to the
plot function or whether it is best to use title() for ploting
within tkrplot?  Or doesn't it matter?  I'm having trouble
finding a reproducible example now, but I have experienced
errors like:
"Cannot set parameter main in high-level plot function",

and I wonder whether these errors are related to using tkrplot
and R2HTML's HTMLplot, rather than the regular R graphics device.

Regards,
James