[R-gui] Directing R output to a text window

Edo Plantinga a.e.d.plantinga at med.rug.nl
Fri Jun 4 16:23:47 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I have made some scripts in R that take quite a long time to run. I have
implemented a simple user interface to run these scripts in tcl/tk. Since
some of the users that use the program do not know R, I would like to run
the program without the Rgui, but this way the users do not get feedback
about what the program is doing. To resolve this, I would like to direct the
R output the scripts generate to a text window. Does anyone know how to do
this?

Kind regards,

Edo Plantinga