[R-gui] Windows/GraphApp require package GUI

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Tue Aug 3 01:18:31 CEST 2004

Hi Philippe,

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Philippe Grosjean wrote:
> So, it would be nice if the GUI extension was introduced right in the
> standard require() function. Do you intend to propose such a thing to the R
> core team?

Yes, I do understand that a Require package to help with missing
packages is not much use if the Require package itself is
missing.  So I would hope that something like this could be
distributed with R (at least on Windows) at some stage.  But I
know that the R core team don't add in contributions which
aren't thoroughly tested, so I thought I'd try the R-SIG-GUI
list first to get some feedback and begin testing / quality
assurance before proposing it to R-core.  (Of course,
GraphApp may be replaced with another GUI toolkit at some
stage, but I think it's still alive for R 2.0.0 for Windows.)

Our webserver, bioinf.wehi.edu.au (where I have the package)
may go offline briefly to install some new hardware today or
tomorrow.

Philippe, of course I'd be happy to collaborate with you to make
this sort of thing as easy as possible to integrate with
SciViews.

Regards,
James