[R-gui] Editor in R

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Thu Apr 29 01:12:56 CEST 2004

Peter, Søren and others,

On Wed, 6 Apr 2004, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> However, the shortest route would seem to be using the tcltk
> interface. There is already a rudimentary scripting widget, which you

One thought regarding use of Tcl/Tk for an editor is that it
would be much more attractive to Windows users if someone could
solve the problem of Tk windows repeatedly hiding themselves
behind the RGui window (coded in GraphApp).  For Windows users
of my R/TclTk application, I recommend they minimize RGui or
make it very small in the corner of the screen.  For RCmdr,
minimizing RGui is not recommended, as there are important things
displayed in the RGui window.

I'd be happy to investigate this a bit if anyone can give me any
clues.  But maybe it's too hard?  Maybe GraphApp will be replaced
some time soon anyway...

Regards,
James