[R-gui] further on the Rcmdr package

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed May 21 21:23:55 MEST 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 08:26:26PM -0400, John Fox wrote:
> >This is definitely not supposed to happen, so perhaps a little session
> >with gdb to figure out where things are getting stuck? I do have some
> >suspicions about interference between R and threaded Tcl libs, but
> >Dirk knows about that.
>
> As I mentioned, I haven't been able to duplicate this problem on my Red Hat
> Linux system and no one else has reported it. I guess that for now I'll
> leave things as they are, allowing tkwait to be invoked as an option.

I had forgotten about the threaded Tcl issue, thanks to Peter for reminding
us. So the problem may well specific to Debian, in which sense it is more
our problem than yours. So let's put that on a back burner for now.

> >- It shouldn't be hard to create a list of loadable datasets and
> >  select from it.
>
> I tried that and decided that the list, even with just the minimal packages
> attached, is too long. That's why I settled for generating the list into a

Could you make it two-tiered? One level for packages, one for datasets?

Cheers, Dirk

--
Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and analysis don't mix.