[R--gR] Package for Discrete Bayesian Networks

Thomas Liebig thomas.liebig at iais.fraunhofer.de
Fri Mar 27 15:45:18 CET 2009

Hi Matthias,

I also want to utilise large discrete Bayesian Networks with R (for
spatial applications). Actually I learn the networks outside R with some
selfmade tools and am looking for a package that offers me basic
inference and sampling functions afterwards.
Deal doesnt provide them. Claus Dethlefsen suggested to use Rhugs
instead that provides an interface to hugin.

Therefore, i'm currently implementing these two R functions (inference,
sampling) plus an additional import function. For your application you
would also need a fast Network Search algorithm for large networks.
Perhaps the 'Sparse Candidate Algorithm', 'Scalable Sparse Bayesian
Network Search' or the 'Screen Based Network Search' as deal only
provides the poor Greedy Search for Bayesian Networks.

Feel free to contact me in case, you are interested in exchanging
functions or experience. Your application sounds also very interesting
to me, and i would be happy to learn more about your textmining domain.

regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Liebig
Fraunhofer-Institut für Intelligente Analyse- und

Email:  thomas.liebig at iais.fraunhofer.de
Phone:  +49 2241 142050
Fax:    +49 2241 142072