[R--gR] scatterplot.matrix

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Aug 23 23:03:07 CEST 2006

Dan McElligott wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I wonder does anybody know if it's possible to just print only one scatterplot per comparison (A is a function of B, but B is not a function of A) using the scatterplot.matrix module. I know this is possible in Statistica but can't seem to find out if its possible in R. The main reason I want to print only half the plots is the hope that is will significantly speed up generating the matrix plot. If anyone has any ideas to how this could be achieved, I very much appreciate a response.

So you are talking about package car?
Why is this related to mailing list gr? I think this would have been a
better question for R-help, or whatever ....

Use argument "upper.panel", which is passed down to pairs(), as follows:

scatterplot.matrix(~income + education + prestige | type, data=Duncan,
     upper.panel=NULL)

Uwe Ligges