[R--gR] JSM Toronto 2004

Steffen Lilholt Lauritzen steffen at math.auc.dk
Tue Sep 23 17:54:36 CEST 2003

As participants of gR2003 will know, there will be an invited session
devoted to the gR-project at the Joint Statistical Meeting in Toronto,
8-12 August 2004.

David Madigan and I will arrange this session under the (essentially
only) restriction that we have 110 minutes available.

For example, it could be 5 lectures, each of 20 minutes + 10 general
discussion, 4 lectures + a panel, etc.

PLEASE SEND YOUR SUGGESTIONS ASAP for format, speakers, topics, etc. to
David and me, so we can arrange this. There is a deadline on October 3
for supplying format and names of speakers to the main organiser.

In addition, it could be good with a large number of contributed papers
on graphical models. The deadline for submission of contributed papers
is February 1, but it may be an idea to submit some to David and me, so
we can "package" them.

In this way, we might get a "gR2004" within the JSM".

Steffen
--
Steffen L. Lauritzen
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg University