[R-sig-Geo] Learning Resources Spatial Regression Models from the ground up

Josiah Parry jo@|@h@p@rry @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 24 17:42:39 CEST 2024

Hey folks,

I'm hoping to build up my knowledge around spatial regression techniques
from the ground up—e.g. I'm not interested in R-INLA or other exceptionally
complex techniques.

I'm hoping this listserv has some recommendations for what readings /
models I should prioritize learning about in, possibly, an opinionated
order.

At the moment I've purchased "Modern Spatial Econometrics in Practice" by
Luc Anselin and Sergio Rey and will try to work through that. But if there
are additional resources that folks recommend that are friendly for the
not-so-math-inclined, I'd love to have a look at them!

The Spatial Regression section of the R-spatial book (
https://r-spatial.org/book/16-SpatialRegression.html) is good but with less
handholding than I might need.