[R-sig-Geo] strange issue of memory converting a raster to a data frame

Sebastiano Trevisani @trev|@@n| @end|ng |rom |u@v@|t
Tue Jan 24 15:27:54 CET 2023

Dear Vlad and Loic,

Some more info on the issue; the error ("Error: cannot allocate vector of
size 1.7 Gb") shows a random behaviour, sometimes things work (e.g., after
a reboot) and sometimes not.

 Anyway this is a reproducible example:

theTest=rast(nrows=5000, ncols=5000, nlyrs=18, xmin=0, ymin=0,
vals=3333.333)
mem_info(theTest)
theDataFrame=as.data.frame(theTest)

Sebastiano