[R-sig-Geo] Question about trasport time calculation

Christopher W. Ryan cry@n @end|ng |rom b|ngh@mton@edu
Tue Aug 2 22:14:00 CEST 2022

If

you have the distances between the starting point and the ending point
(you provide approximations below),

and you assume the particle travels at the velocity of the wind,

and you assume the particles travel in straight lines,

then why can't you use time = distance/velocity?

--Chris  Ryan