[R-sig-Geo] rgdal retirement

GilbertoCamara g||berto@c@m@r@@|npe @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Sep 21 17:29:49 CEST 2021

Dear Roger

I would like to offer you a strong praise and recognition from our team at INPE, Brasil, for your strong contributions to the R-spatial community. Rgdal is perhaps the most tangible direct outcome from your efforts, but your influence goes much beyond the support for developing R packages.

You have made a decisive contribution to the whole R-spatial community, by your strong community for building bridges between us. I remember vividly your visit to Brazil in 2002, where you showed us the benefits of joining the R community. It took some time, but now we are firmly on board.

Your example and your leadership are encouraging proofs that there’s hope to build a better and more cooperative planet.

All the best
Gilberto
Prof Dr Gilberto Camara
Senior Researcher
National Institute for Space Research (INPE), Brazil
https://gilbertocamara.org/