[R-sig-Geo] fuzzy kappa

David Hine D@v|d@H|ne @end|ng |rom |@nd@ndw@ter@com@@u
Tue Dec 7 23:18:47 CET 2021

Dear List and Andrey and Paulo

You might like to look at the Fuzme package at this link
http://smartdigiag.com/software/#s-4.

The notes on it say:
/Fuzme is an R package for calculation of Fuzzy k-means with/without
extragrades. I wanted to integrate fuzzy-k means into my R workflow so i
translated some of Budiman Minansy’s matlab code into R. The R version
of Fuzzy k-means with extragrades is a little buggy. The FuzME
<http://sydney.edu.au/agriculture/pal/software/fuzme.shtml> software is
more stable and efficient. I would recommend using that for most things.
If you are trying to embed the classification into your R workflow
though, the R packages is OK, but not as computationally efficient. I am
working on it when i can./

regards

David

On 24/11/2021 10:03 pm, David Hine (L WM) wrote:
> Hi Andrey and Paulo
> I reached out to the author of ithir package for his current advice. He may respond here if time permits.
> cheers
> David
>
> ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>
> On 24 Nov. 2021, 21:10, at 21:10, Paulo Flores Ribeiro<paulo.flores.mail using gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Thank you Andrey,
>> I peeked at the goofcat and saw that it has a function to calculate
>> kappa, but it seems to be just "normal" kappa (in the sense of Cohen's
>> Kappa) and not Fuzzy Kappa.
>> Thanks anyway,
>> PauloFR
>>

>> Às 16:47 de 23/11/2021, Андрей Чинилин escreveu:
>>> Well, I could be wrong, but I suspect, that you can try "goofcat"
>>> function from "ithir" package.
>>> Link to pkg -https://bitbucket.org/brendo1001/ithir/src/master/.
>>> Andrey
>>> 23.11.2021, 18:03, "Paulo Flores Ribeiro"
>> <paulo.flores.mail using gmail.com>:
>>>      According to Hagen‐Zanker (2009:
>>>      https://doi.org/10.1080/13658810802570317), «The Fuzzy Kappa
>> statistic
>>>      expresses the agreement between two categorical raster maps. The
>>>      statistic goes beyond cell‐by‐cell comparison and gives partial
>> credit
>>>      to cells based on the categories found in the neighborhood.»
>>>
>>>      Does anyone know of a package/function to compute such a Fuzzy
>> Kappa
>>>      statistic in R?
>>>
>>>      Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>>      PauloFR