[R-sig-Geo] "spdep": check whether a spatial model fully controls for spatial correlation

Gary Dong donghw79 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Sat Mar 21 06:58:01 CET 2020

Dear all,

I have estimated a spatial error model via the "spdep" package. The spatial weights are determined based on the inverse distance between an observation and its 50 nearest neighbors (knearneigh, k=50). Now I wonder if my spatial error model has FULLY controlled for spatial autocorrelation in the data. Is there a way to test it? I know I can use lm.morantest() to test spatial autocorrelation in residuals from an estimated OLS model. But I do not know if there is a similar test for a spatial error model. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Best
Gary