[R-sig-Geo] Spatilal Network Hackathon

Robin Lovelace rob00x @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Feb 19 12:25:03 CET 2020

Dear all,

We are happy to invite you to join a hackathon on spatial networks on the*
27th of May at the University of Milan - Bicocca from 9AM to 5PM. *The
hackathon is an official satellite event of the European R Users Meeting
(ERUM) <https://2020.erum.io/> conference, that will be organized in Milan
from 27th to 30th of May. The hackathon will be focussed on developing and
testing of the new R package for spatial networks: sfnetworks.

Anyone with an interest in spatial networks and open source software is
invited, especially if you have experience with real world spatial network
data that could be used in documentation or experience developing software
for working with spatial or graph datasets (particularly R packages).

The event is free and you can get a ticket at the following link:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/erum2020-satellite-event-hackathon-on-spatial-networks-tickets-90976873277
You can read a more detailed description of the event at the following
link: https://2020.erum.io/program/hackathon/

*Summary*:

   - *What*: A hackathon on spatial networks where we will present our new
   R package and discuss with the participants the problems they face working
   with spatial networks.
   - *Who*: Everyone working on or interested in spatial networks can join
   the hackathon. The only minimal requirement is a basic knowledge of sf
   and igraph packages. We will provide a few vignettes explaining how our
   package works, so you don't need to be an expert in the field.
   - *When*: 27th of May, from 9AM to 5PM
   - *Where*: University of Milan - Bicocca, the same building of the
   ERUM2020 conference. We will specify the venue of the event as soon as
   possible. You can also find more information on how to reach the venue
   here <https://2020.erum.io/venue/>.

Best wishes, Lorena Abad, Andrea Gilardi, Robin Lovelace, Lucan van der
Meer.