[R-sig-Geo] Accurate spatial database for country administrative boundaries

Salvador SANCHEZ COLON @@|v@dor@@nchezco|on @end|ng |rom prod|gy@net@mx
Tue Dec 1 19:57:09 CET 2020

Hi Manuel,

Have you checked on the GEOSS portal? (www.geoportal.org) They have compiled numerous world-wide data sets including the Global Country Boundaries data set compiled by UN-FAO.

I hope this helps.

Salvador

En Mar, 1 Diciembre, 2020 en 9:31, Manuel Spínola <mspinola10 using gmail.com> escribió:

Para: r-sig-geo using r-project.org
Dear list members,

I am looking for a global accurate spatial database for countries'
administrative boundaries.

I tried the raster package, using the getData function and the GADM
database and rgeoboundaries for the geoboundaries database, but I get
differences between them.

Is there any other spatial database for administrative boundaries
accessible from R, so I can compare and decide which one is the most
accurate of the open access spatial database for the countries I am
interested?

Thank you very much in advance.

Manuel

--
*Manuel Spínola, Ph.D.*
Instituto Internacional en Conservación y Manejo de Vida Silvestre