[R-sig-Geo] Accurate spatial database for country administrative boundaries

Edzer Pebesma edzer@pebe@m@ @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Tue Dec 1 17:16:35 CET 2020

Have you looked at package rnaturalearth? There's a web site for the
dataset it interfaces: https://www.naturalearthdata.com/ - it looks like
there's more information about its origins and processing that went on
than behind GADM.

--
Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics