[R-sig-Geo] Field names abbreviated for ESRI Shapefile driver

Bede-Fazekas Ákos b|@|ev||@t @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Apr 19 17:49:35 CEST 2020

Dear Milu,
ESRI shapefile format cannot contain field names longer than 10
characters. So you should do one of the following options:
- choose other file format when saving the data,
- rename the columns of the sf object before saving.

HTH,
Ákos Bede-Fazekas
Hungarian Academy of Sciences