[R-sig-Geo] Area calculation of forest cover classes.

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@|ee @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 12 18:06:21 CEST 2019

Hi,

Without knowing any details of what you did, the general procedure is:

Use your fitted Random Forest or SVM model to predict the class for
each pixel in your region of interest - the predict() function.
Use standard spatial data methods to aggregate the resulting spatial
data, or even standard non-spatial methods, since you know the pixel
size - perhaps aggregate() or even table().

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee (she/her)
http://www.numberwright.com