[R-sig-Geo] Gridding a daily time series in R

Cristo Facundo Pérez cr||ep @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 12 17:16:50 CEST 2019

Dear community,

I have a daily time series of precipitation, which I intend to transform it
into a single NetCDF file of daily precipitation. So, first, I would like
to explore the best way to impute missing values, grid the daily values of
the different available weather stations and get daily raster files into a
.nc format. I have read about different climate/hydrological packages such
as "hyfo",  "meteoland", "gstat" and "hydroTMS". However, I haven't found a
 way to do it. I am a beginner in spatial/temporal analysis with R. So, my
question is *does anybody have experience/document in developing a similar
task so I can get some ideas?*

My database contains id, date, cod, lon, lat, elev, and precipitation value
of 41 climate stations for the period 1980-2018. I have NAs values in the
database. I organised my database in two datasets:

1. where the first column presents date and the other 50 columns present a
climate station, while rows present the values/NAs [14245 observations of
42 variables].

2. where the name, long, lat, and elev, are presented in the columns. 4
columns presenting information of 41 weather stations.

I would appreciate any input, idea or suggestion to find a way out to grid
the daily time series and get the ".nc" file.

Thank you,

Cristo Facundo Pérez