[R-sig-Geo] Spatio-temporal modelling for trip generation data

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Wed Sep 4 19:22:33 CEST 2019

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, Ariel Fuentesdi wrote:

> I want to produce a prediction of trip generation for the next year, I'm
> thinking could be useful a Spatio-temporal model with covariates data. I
> have trips values in point locations since 2015 also the population in
> census tracts and supply which are bus lines and I'm thinking to convert
> them into an accessibility grid (from the census tracts to bus stops). I
> have seen that Spatio-temporal models are applied to environmental
> problems only, would you recommend me any specific approach or the use of
> a specific model?

Ariel,

Your description suggests you would like to solve the classic 'traveling
salesman' problem. I don't know that R's spatio-temporal functions are
suitable but open street map apparently can help pick optimal routes and a
web search for linux: traveling salesman problem found many software
solutions.

Travel safely,

Rich