[R-sig-Geo] Installation of proj4 v6 on Ubuntu 18.04 Error: proj/epsg not found

Edzer Pebesma edzer@pebe@m@ @end|ng |rom un|-muen@ter@de
Mon Oct 28 22:36:10 CET 2019

Hi Tom,

formerly PROJ.4 is now called PROJ.

Have you also tried the usual ubuntu install suggestions we give to
R/ubuntu users, e.g. on https://github.com/r-spatial/sf ?

They are:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libudunits2-dev libgdal-dev libgeos-dev libproj-dev