[R-sig-Geo] Installation of proj4 v6 on Ubuntu 18.04 Error: proj/epsg not found

Tomislav Hengl tom@heng| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 28 21:34:35 CET 2019

Dear R-sig-geo,

I am trying to install proj4 v6 on Ubuntu 18.04 bionic. I though I can
install it simply by following the ubuntugis steps
(https://mothergeo-py.readthedocs.io/en/latest/development/how-to/gdal-ubuntu-pkg.html)
but this does not lead to newest version of proj4 v6.

Then I have tried to follow the proj6 steps
(https://proj.org/install.html#install) which indicate that I should do
it via the Anaconda installer. After I installed proj4 v6 from conda I get:

$ which proj
/home/tomislav/anaconda2/bin/proj

$  proj -V
Rel. 6.2.0, September 1st, 2019