[R-sig-Geo] Variable importance plot - bar plot

Enoch Gyamfi Ampadu eg@mp@du @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Oct 27 13:44:31 CET 2019

Dear List,

I hope this finds you well. Please I have done a Land cover classification
using randomForest. I used selected satellite image bands as input
variables. I have four thematic classes. I obtained the general variable
importance using: varImpPlot (my model) . Now I want to have bar chart plot
showing each thematic class and the variable importance for each class.
That is, how each band is ranked in predicting a thematic class. I tried
using this function:

importance = varImp(my model, scale= TRUE)

plot (importance.

However it did not work. I tried to put in geom= "bar". And I had error.

Please I will be glad to get some assistance.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Enoch

Enoch Gyamfi - Ampadu

email: egampadu using gmail.com
skype: enoch.ampadu

The highest sense of nobility is self control.

A simple act of kindness creates endless ripple