[R-sig-Geo] Variable importance bar plot

Enoch Gyamfi Ampadu eg@mp@du @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Oct 27 10:59:53 CET 2019

Dear List,

I hope this finds you well. Please I have done a Land cover classification
using randomForest. I used selected satellite image bands as input
variables. I have four thematic classes. I obtained the general variable
importance using *varImpPlot (my model) . *Now I want to have bar chart
plot showing each thematic class and the variable importance for each
class. That is, how each band is ranked in predicting a thematic class. I
tried using this function:

*importance = varImp(my model, scale= TRUE)*

*plot (importance. *

However it did not work. I tried to put in *geom= "bar*". And I had error.

Please I will be glad to get some assistance.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Enoch

Enoch Gyamfi - Ampadu

email: egampadu using gmail.com
skype: enoch.ampadu

The highest sense of nobility is self control.

A simple act of kindness creates endless ripple