[R-sig-Geo] Error in random labelling using the J function

Adrian Baddeley @dr|@n@b@dde|ey @end|ng |rom curt|n@edu@@u
Fri Nov 1 06:16:12 CET 2019

<mikel.diaz.rodriguez using hotmail.com> writes:

  > I'm having problems when I run the random labelling using J Function.
> [...]
> library(spatstat)
> [...]
> is.multitype(pm)
> plot(pm)

> Jdif <- function(X, ..., i) {
  >            Jidot <- Jdot(X, ..., i = i)
>              J <- Jest(X, ...)
  >            dif <- eval.fv(Jidot - J)
  >           return(dif)
> }
  > E <- envelope(pm, Jdif, nsim = 39, i = "A", j = "B", simulate = expression(rlabel(pm)))
>  But when I execute E, it shows me the following error:

  > Error: in Fest(X, r) the successive r values must be finely spaced: given spacing = 0.010203; required spacing <=  0.00592

This is a bug in Jdot(). It is not related to the use of random labelling or envelopes.

The bug is fixed in the current development version of spatstat, 1.61-0.042,
which you can install from <https://github.com/spatstat/spatstat>

Note that in the envelope() command above, you don't need the argument 'j="B" and it is ignored.

regards

Prof Adrian Baddeley DSc FAA

John Curtin Distinguished Professor

Curtin University, Perth, Western Australia