[R-sig-Geo] Converting a variable's units from gigatons to teratons

r@i@1290 m@iii@g oii @im@com r@i@1290 m@iii@g oii @im@com
Thu Mar 28 16:55:29 CET 2019

Hi there,
I am currently working with a variable whose units are expressed in gigatons. However, I would like to convert all of these values in this variable to teratons. Effectively, I would have to somehow have R divide all values (90 values) within the variable by 1000.
So far, I have read in the variable (called CanESM2) as follows:
ncfname1 <- "cumulative_emissions_RCP45.nc"
Model3 <- nc_open(ncfname1)
get2 <- ncvar_get(Model3, "CanESM2")
Is there a way to accomplish this conversion?
Thanks, and any assistance would be greatly appreciated!