[R-sig-Geo] Predict function for splm object

Justin Schon j@chon7 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 5 19:11:28 CEST 2019

Thank you for the confirmation!

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 11:07 AM Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand using nhh.no> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Justin Schon wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've seen that a lot of people ask about this, but I am interested in
> > whether there may be any developments here. Is there a predict function
> > that works for splm objects?
> >
> > Note that I am not referring to spLM objects, which often comes up for me
> > when I google this question.
> >
> > I found a proposal to do this here:
> >
> https://github.com/rstats-gsoc/gsoc2015/wiki/Predict-methods-for-spatial-econometrics
> >
> > Did that effort, or any other efforts, succeed?
>
> Yes, spatialreg::predict.sarlm() implements cross-sectional predictions.
> Contributions are still needed for spatial panel and GMM models.
>
> Roger
>

> > Thank you for any insight that can be shared,
> >
> > Justin
> >

> --
> Roger Bivand
> Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
> voice: +47 55 95 93 55; e-mail: Roger.Bivand using nhh.no
> https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140

Justin Schon
Post-Doctoral Researcher on Environmental Change and Migration
MURI Migration Research Team <http://murimigration.org/>
University of Florida