[R-sig-Geo] Predict function for splm object

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Wed Jun 5 17:06:41 CEST 2019

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019, Justin Schon wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've seen that a lot of people ask about this, but I am interested in
> whether there may be any developments here. Is there a predict function
> that works for splm objects?
>
> Note that I am not referring to spLM objects, which often comes up for me
> when I google this question.
>
> I found a proposal to do this here:
> https://github.com/rstats-gsoc/gsoc2015/wiki/Predict-methods-for-spatial-econometrics
>
> Did that effort, or any other efforts, succeed?

Yes, spatialreg::predict.sarlm() implements cross-sectional predictions.
Contributions are still needed for spatial panel and GMM models.

Roger

> Thank you for any insight that can be shared,
>
> Justin

Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; e-mail: Roger.Bivand using nhh.no
https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140