[R-sig-Geo] spacetime and sf

Facundo Muñoz |@cundo@munoz @end|ng |rom c|r@d@|r
Tue Jun 4 17:01:28 CEST 2019

Dear Edzer,

How do you conceive the future of the package `spacetime` and more
generally, the representation of spatio-temporal data, in light of the
transition from `sp` to `sf`?

For context, I'm working on a package that handles spatio-temporal point
patterns. For my analyses I have relied on `sf` with some additional
attribute for the dates. However, for packaging I think it is safer to
rely on explicit classes for spatio-temporal data (so I don't have to
worry all the time about which is the temporal variable, in which
format, etc.). But it seems that only `spacetime` provides such classes
generically, which in turn relies on `sp` for the spatial dimension. Is
this going to continue to be supported or are there other plans?

Thanks in advance

        ƒacu.-

--
Facundo Muñoz