[R-sig-Geo] Impacts code after gstslshet

Roger Bivand Roger@Biv@nd @ending from nhh@no
Sat Jan 5 16:19:49 CET 2019

On Fri, 4 Jan 2019, Veron M. Izon via R-sig-Geo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Germán Izón. I am currently working on a project in which I
> am estimating a SARAR specification using the gstslshet function. After
> estimating this model I tried estimating the marginal effects using the
> impacts function but I get the following error: “Error in
> spdep::intImpacts(rho = rho, beta = beta, P = P, n = n, mu = mu, :
> argument "evalues" is missing, with no default”. I get the same message
> using the columbus data. I do not get this error after estimating a
> spatial lag model (e.g., lagsarlm). I would truly appreciate any help
> with this. Thank you!

Had you provided the output of sessionInfo(), it would be easier to say.
My guess is that you are using sphet 1.7, and spdep 0.8-1. The use of
eigenvalues in impacts measures was presented by Gianfranco Piras at the
Spatial Econometrics meeting in June 2018, and implemented in spdep and
sphet, but sphet has not been released since then. I just bumped the
version number of sphet on R-Forge to 1.7-2, and hope that it will let you
run install.packages("sphet", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org"), which
is not possible at the moment (see
https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=477). If you can install the
development version of sphet from source, check it out by:

svn checkout svn://svn.r-forge.r-project.org/svnroot/sphet/

and run R CMD build sphet, then R CMD INSTALL that .tar.gz file.

Roger