[R-sig-Geo] Graphic CPU usage in R

maurizio marchi m@ur|z|o@m@rch| @end|ng |rom |bbr@cnr@|t
Tue Dec 31 13:54:10 CET 2019

HI all,
I'm a Linux user and (Ubuntu 18.04) and I was trying to find a way to
speed up my R code. Reading on the web I found than some packages such
as parallel or gpuR have been developed to allow faster calculation in
R. Anyway I was wondering whether any other ways were available. My
question concern how to speed up old R codes involving GIS procedures
and mainly using rgdal, raster, biomod2, dismo, sp or other Spatial
packages.
According to this post (here
<https://starbeamrainbowlabs.com/blog/article.php?article=posts%2F254-run-program-on-amd-dedicated-graphics-card.html>)
it seems that as linuk user we can launch a specific program using GPU
so I was wondering if this could be used with R. In other words I would
like to solve the issue from the beginning, opening an R session from
terminal running on the GPU instead of on CPU(s). Is it possible? Does
anyone has experience on it?
Here
<https://www.researchgate.net/post/Parallel_computing_and_graphic_CPU_GCPU_usage_in_R_is_it_possible_with_ALL_R_packages>
the question I opened on ResearchGate.
Thank you in advance and happy new year to everybody

--
*Maurizio Marchi,
PhD Forest Science - Ecological Mathematics*