[R-sig-Geo] Point Pattern question

Roger Bivand Roger@B|v@nd @end|ng |rom nhh@no
Mon Dec 30 14:13:29 CET 2019

You were advised to read the Spatstat book https://book.spatstat.org - that documents the package you are most likely to need. ASDAR simply shows that the sp data representations presented in the first part can be used for analysis - the second part is not a comprehensive guide to available methods, and indeed very much has been added since the book was designed 15 years ago.

Norwegian School of Economics
Helleveien 30, 5045 Bergen, Norway
Roger.Bivand using nhh.no

Fra: R-sig-Geo <r-sig-geo-bounces using r-project.org> på vegne av Ariel Fuentesdi <ariel.fuentesdi using usach.cl>
Sendt: mandag 30. desember 2019 14.04
Til: Frazier, Tyler
Kopi: r-sig-geo using r-project.org
Emne: Re: [R-sig-Geo] Point Pattern question

I want to study if there is a spatial clustering on fare evasion stops data
(as points) e.g. there are 9 evaders in stop "A" but in stop "B" are 20
evaders. So what I've read about point patterns is that considers the
location of an event only and not its attributes, so I was wondering if it
is possible to include an attribute as weight of a given location in the
study of spatial clustering. ¿Is the right approach or should I do
a geostatistical interpolation?

No, I haven't read that book but I did read the Applied Spatial Data
Analysis (https://asdar-book.org/)

Regards,
Ariel Fuentes