[R-sig-Geo] Kriging question, please

Joe Lewis jo@eph|ew|@1992 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 19 20:47:33 CET 2019

Hi Erin,

Depending on what you're trying to do, you may want to look into point
pattern analysis, particularly on linear networks (lots of research on how
to conduct kernel density estimations with traffic accident data)

See spatial analysis along networks (Okabe and Sugihara, 2012) and chapter
17 of spatial point patterns methodology and applications with R (Baddeley
et al. 2016) for introductions.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Joseph Lewis