[R-sig-Geo] geobr: easy access to official spatial data sets of Brazil

Rafael Pereira r@|@@pere|r@@br @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Aug 12 18:29:39 CEST 2019

Dear all,

I'm glad to annouce geobr <https://github.com/ipeaGIT/geobr>, an R package
that provides easy and quick access to official spatia data sets of Brazil.
The package currently includes several data sets for various years such as
states, regions, municipalities, census tracts, statistical grid and
others.  geobr is available on CRAN, and the github repository is here:
https://github.com/ipeaGIT/geobr. I hope this can be useful to some of you
in the group.

The package was developed by my team and I at the Institute for Applied
Economic Research (Ipea). We are constantly working to expand and improve
the package, so if you have any suggestions/contributions, please feel free
to open an issue on Github.

best,

Rafael H. M. Pereira
Institute for Applied Economic Research (Ipea) - Brazil

Department of Urban, Regional and Environmental studies and policies (DIRUR)

Twitter - @UrbanDemog  <https://twitter.com/UrbanDemog>

Blog - urbandemographics.blogspot.com
<https://urbandemographics.blogspot.com.br/>