[R-sig-Geo] Question about HSAR package

Roger Bivand Roger@Biv@nd @ending from nhh@no
Thu Sep 27 21:57:05 CEST 2018

This code tells nothing, the problem is in your construction of W, M and/or Delta. Pleaseng show this code too, best as a reproducible example. Tip: sometimes running traceback() after an error shows where it happens.

Roger Bivand
Norwegian School of Economics
Bergen, Norway

Fra: Justin Schon
Sendt: torsdag 27. september, 21.36
Emne: [R-sig-Geo] Question about HSAR package
Til: r-sig-geo using r-project.org

Dear all, I am receiving the error "not an S4 object" when I attempt to estimate the hierarchal spatial auto-regressive model from the HSAR package. I have attempted several ways of creating the lower level matrix and higher level matrix. Rather than asking if members of this list can help with the code, I am first wondering if anyone can explain why this error would appear. I am including the code that estimates the model, as well as the error, below: > HSAR.model1