[R-sig-Geo] Consolidated SRS database/list?

Vijay Lulla vij@ylull@ @ending from gm@il@com
Sat Sep 22 14:23:13 CEST 2018

Alex,
Thanks for QGIS's srs.db!  I wasn't aware of it.

I currently use the spatial_ref_sys from PostGIS to create a SRS data frame
but plan to use rgdal::make_EPSG more often.  The reason I brought this up
is because on the lab computers (cannot install stuff on it) where I teach
there is no PostGIS and I didn't know how to lookup EPSG codes for various
SRS definitions from within R.  I hadn't thought of Spatialite metadata as
a viable alternative.  So, thanks for that.  I will look into it and most
likely use it in conjunction with make_EPSG!

Finally, I am really looking forward to the consolidated SRS database from
the gdal barn-raising effort!  This consolidated database will be
invaluable, and of great aid/service, to the geospatial community, IMO.
Thanks,
Vijay.

--
Vijay Lulla