[R-sig-Geo] error installing rgdal with gdal 2.3.0 on centos7

Laura Poggio l@ur@@poggio @ending from gm@il@com
Wed May 30 15:42:37 CEST 2018

Dear Roger,
I was trying to install the version from CRAN, sorry I should have
mentioned it.

The C++ compiler on centos7 seemed to be too old. The solution that worked
was:
installing the devtoolset environment
activate the environment
run R  CMD INSTALL rgdal_1-2.20.tar.gz from the activated environment
(normal install.packages("rgdal") worked as well)
exit the environment

The package is now working without problems (hopefully ... initial tests
fine).

Thanks a lot for the help that set us on the right path.

Laura