[R-sig-Geo] error installing rgdal with gdal 2.3.0 on centos7

Roger Bivand Roger@Biv@nd @ending from nhh@no
Tue May 29 18:18:17 CEST 2018

On Tue, 29 May 2018, Laura Poggio wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am trying to install rgdal on a centos 7 machine.

Which version of rgdal - the current CRAN source?

> First I installed from source gdal 2.3.0. No errors and it is working as
> expected.
>
> I then tried to install rgdal using R 3.4.4
>
> I get the error:
>
> In file included from /usr/local/include/gdal.h:45:0,
>                 from gdal_test.cc:1:
> /usr/local/include/cpl_port.h:187:6: error: #error Must have C++11 or newer.
> #    error Must have C++11 or newer.

Is this during configure? Could you try by downloading the tarball and
running

R CMD INSTALL rgdal_1-2.20.tar.gz

In configure, the value of CXX is taken from "${RBIN}" CMD config CXX
where "${RBIN}" is RBIN="${R_HOME}/bin/R" and R_HOME=`R RHOME`, so

R CMD config CXX

which in your case may need -std=g++11 or some such added - please inform.

Roger