[R-sig-Geo] [FORGED] Help

Rolf Turner r@turner @ending from @uckl@nd@@c@nz
Mon May 14 11:37:18 CEST 2018

On 14/05/18 20:17, Soufianou Abou via R-sig-Geo wrote:

> Bonjour , j'aimerais utiliser  maxent pour modéliser la distribution
> potentielle du niébé sur la base des données de présence seuls. En
> effet, jai acquis un certains nombre de variables environnementales
> et bioclimatiques concernant ma zone d'étude.  Mais pour choisir les
> variables les plus contributives dans le modèle; j'aimerai faire une
> analyse de correlation de celles-ci. Sur ce, pourriez vous
> m'expliquer etape par etape les procedures à suivre sous R ?
> J'aimerais dire par là le scripts pour:  -    compiler et appeler
> toutes les variables environnementales et les données d'occurence; -
> executer le tester de correlation;-    pour faire une analyse
> discriminante?
>
> Merci par avance.
La langue de cette liste est l'anglais.
S'il vous plaît exprimer votre question en anglais.

I'm afraid that my French is insufficient to follow your question
properly, but I gather that you have presence-only data (for some
phenomenon) and a number of environmental variables from which you hope
to predict occurrences of this phenomenon.

You also express an interest in undertaking a correlation analysis of
your predictors and performing "tests of correlation".

Given that I am understanding you correctly, I would advise against
this.  The proper strategy (IMHO) is to *fit a model* using your
predictors and then assess their predictive power in this model,in some way.

If the "presence only" data, that you have, can be considered to be
point locations, and if the values of your predictors are available at
all points of your study region, then you may be able to effect the
required model fitting using the facilities of the spatstat package.

Anyway, please re-post your question en anglais, if you can.  You are
much more likely to get a useful answer if you do.  Bon chance.

Cordialement,

Rolf Turner

--
Technical Editor ANZJS