[R-sig-Geo] Spatial Downscaling in R

Bede-Fazekas Ákos bfalevlist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:34:48 CET 2018

Dear Milu,

You can use any spatial interpolation method as statistical downscaling
approach. See package gstat for IDW (inverse distance weighted) and
several types of kriging. In case of temperature, you might use
elevation data from a DEM or radiation data as auxiliary variables in
those interpolation methods (e.g. regression kriging) that can handle
auxiliary data.

HTH,
Ákos Bede-Fazekas
Hungarian Academy of Sciences