[R-sig-Geo] standard errors of total impacts in a spatial lag regression model lagsarlm

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Jan 3 13:32:47 CET 2018

On Wed, 3 Jan 2018, Rafael Pereira wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am using a spatial lag regression model in a paper. I know already how to
> get the total impacts of the model, but I don't know how to generate the
> standard errors of the total impacts.
>
> In this paper by Roger Bivand here*, these SE were "calculated using the
> 'estimable' function in the R gmodels package." I've checked the function
> documentation but I couldn't really get my head around how to use it on
> a lagsarlm lag model.

Wrong reference - those are for SLX and SDEM models, but use the
appropriate impacts() methods. See ?impacts. Remember to create a vector
of traces, and help your head by (re)-reading LeSage & Pace 2009, and
https://www.jstatsoft.org/index.php/jss/article/view/v063i18, p. 8 and
section 5.

Hope this helps,

Roger