[R-sig-Geo] standard errors of total impacts in a spatial lag regression model lagsarlm

Rafael Pereira rafa.pereira.br at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 12:37:04 CET 2018

Dear all,

I am using a spatial lag regression model in a paper. I know already how to
get the total impacts of the model, but I don't know how to generate the
standard errors of the total impacts.

In this paper by Roger Bivand here*, these SE were "calculated using the
'estimable' function in the R gmodels package." I've checked the function
documentation but I couldn't really get my head around how to use it on
a lagsarlm lag model.

Can someone give me hand? There is a reproducible example below, but if any
of you could share a snippet of code you have already used this would be
very helpful already.

# reproducible example
data(oldcol)
COL.lag.eig <- lagsarlm(CRIME ~ INC + HOVAL, data=COL.OLD, type="lag",
                        nb2listw(COL.nb, style="W"), method="eigen",
quiet=FALSE)
summary(COL.lag.eig, correlation=TRUE)

* http://openjournals.wu.ac.at/region/paper_107/107.html

best wishes,