[R-sig-Geo] A practical guide to geostatistical mapping

Sarah Goslee @@r@h@go@lee @ending from gm@il@com
Fri Aug 31 18:12:13 CEST 2018

Assuming you're looking for relevant R information, it seems like
packages such as EGRET, dbhydroR, waterData, and RSAlgaeR are
potentially relevant. My lab uses R extensively, including EGRET and
in-house code.

There's a lot of information out there, including case studies:

Try a search for water quality on the incredibly useful rseek.org

Most research uses the same data sources you bemoan - we sometimes
have our own data, but largely rely on USGS etc.

Sarah

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 11:03 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard using appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> > My work as an environmental science consultant, ... means that all data
> > available to me are generated by regulatory requirements, not by the needs
> > for a research project. And, the overwhelming number involve aquatic
> > chemistry (and biota such as fish) which adds the constant movement of the
> > medium into consideration.
>
>    I did two web searches this morning, one for 'aquatic geochemistry' the
> other for 'water quality geochemistry'. They both returned many hits on
> soils and ground waters, but only two related to surface waters.
>
>    There is a need to improve on this.
>
>    If anyone knows of documentation relevant to surface water quality,
> particularly flowing waters, please point me to them.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org