[R-sig-Geo] Distance calculating between points according to a river network

Tristan Bourgeois tristan.bourgeois at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 14:22:04 CET 2017

Hi Mirza,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Actually I don't want to calculate distance between a point and the next
downstream one.
For example, if there are 4 sewage plant on a river and 7 measurment
stations,I want the distance between each sewage plant and each station.
(water pollution dispersion calculation).
So the flow direction is not that important in my case. The difficulty is
to get the distance between a point and another one following the river
polyline.

In your case, you can add a raster layer with elevation values ans extract
the elevation  for each point of your layer.  Then, for each polyline it is
possible to define a flow direction.
Hope it will help you.

--
Tristan Bourgeois