[R-sig-Geo] Distance calculating between points according to a river network

Tristan Bourgeois tristan.bourgeois at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:02:54 CET 2017

Hi,

I'm a R new user and this is also my first post on this mailing list.

I'm currently working on several project with R and I still have not found
a solution for one :

To be concise I'm working with shapefiles representing on a delimited area :

- sewage plant (SpatialPointsDataFrame)
- water quality measurement stations (SpatialPointsDataFrame)
- hydrographic network (SpatialLineDataFrame)

What I want to do is to calculate the distance between each sewage stations
and each measurement stations following the river route.

For now, I have snapped all my points on the river and created a new layer
with both type of point (sewage stations and measurement) in order to split
the lines by the point layer.

I'm looking for a way to get a kind of distance's matrix.

Does anybody has already worked on a similar project ? I'm kind of lost
with all the R packages and functions so any pistes or proposals or idea
will be greatly appreciate.

PS : As I said this is my first post. If I'm not clear about my issue or if
I'm not respecting any posting rules don't hesitate to tell me about.

Cheers

--
Tristan Bourgeois
Hydromorphologist