[R-sig-Geo] Elevation data

Miluji Sb milujisb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 10:59:31 CET 2017

Thank you for your reply. This is what I did:

###
library(data.table)
library(raster)
library(rgdal)
library(foreign)

elevation_world <- getData('worldclim', var='alt', res=2.5)

# Aggregate Elevation to 1 degree
elevation_world_1deg <- aggregate(elevation_world, fact = 24, fun = sum)

# Extract by lon lat (1° x 1° - gcp_grid)
elevation <- cbind(gcp_grid, alt = extract(elevation_world_1deg, gcp_grid))

elevation <- as.data.frame(elevation)
###

Is this correct? Thanks again!

Sincerely,